Built-in Home Humidifiers in the greater Saint Louis Area
Is dryness a problem in your home? West County Heating and Cooling has you covered. Have you noticed …
An increase in static shock?
Dry, itchy, irritated skin?
Dry, sore throats?
Does your family get colds more frequently?
Call West County Heating and Cooling and let us get you fixed up! All of these things can be a sign of overly dry air. Did you know that dry air in your home can aid in the spread of virus and bacteria, cause furniture and upholstery to deteriorate, and so much more. Adding a whole house humidifier to your HVAC system can ease symptoms of illnesses, asthma, and allergies, and slow the deterioration of furnishing in your home.
Total Comfort Humidifier in Home from Aprilaire
Here's some lesser known facts about the benefits of a whole house humidifier...
1. Dry air dries out you nasal and sinus passages making it harder for the membranes to capture dirt, dust, viruses and bacteria. Increasing your risk of catching something airborne ... yuck.
2. Your skin is mostly water! So when the air is dry, your skin will dry out and get itchy, flaky, and can even crack. Overly dry air can lead to acne and eczema flare ups.
3. Static electricity, loves drier air. The sparks get bigger and brighter when the air is dry.
4. If you love your wood floors or that antique buffet that you got from grandma, be careful. Dry air can cause wooden surfaces to dry out leading to cracking, warping and peeling. This also applies to the wood framing, drywall, plaster, etc. that makes up your walls.
5. Don't forget, as all of us here in STL know all to well, moist air feels warmer than dry air. Just think about all those humid summer days ... you know when STL's humidity sky-rockets.
Whole house humidifiers can typically be added to any existing HVAC system. Schedule an appointment today for your free elevation and estimate.